MERZ NEUROSCIENCES ANNOUNCES DATA PRESENTATIONS AT THE 9TH WORLD CONGRESS FOR NEUROREHABILITATION
Merz Neurosciences, a division of Merz North America (US affiliate of the global Merz Pharma Group), today announced that Merz has two oral presentations at the 9th World Congress for Neurorehabilitation in Philadelphia, PA, including data for XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) in the treatment of adult Upper Limb Spasticity (ULS), the indication for which Merz recently received FDA approval.
“Our mission to deliver better to our customers and patients is accomplished by arming physicians with relevant data and evidence-based treatment approaches,” said Glenn Block, Vice President and Head of Neurosciences. “To that end, we are proud to be presenting our data to this year’s World Congress for Neurorehabilitation meeting attendees on the heels of XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA) inclusion as a Level A recommendation for use in treatment of focal manifestations of adult ULS in the recent release of the American Academy of Neurology Practice Guideline Update.”
On Wednesday, May 11, 2016, the following two oral presentations will be given in the Franklin 12 room of the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown:
• Sustained Efficacy with IncobotulinumtoxinA in Upper-Limb Post-Stroke Spasticity over 48 Weeks (a Phase 3, Placebo-Controlled Study with Open-Label Extension). Bruce S. Rubin, MD – Design Neuroscience Center, Doral, FL, USA. Abstract # WCNR-0473. 2:20PM to 2:30PM.
• Escalating Doses of IncobotulinumtoxinA (400u-800u) Lead to Increasing Improvements in Disability Due to Multifocal Upper- and Lower-Limb Spasticity. David M Simpson, MD, FAAN – Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY, USA. Abstract # WCNR-0482. 2:30PM to 2:40PM.
Merz Neurosciences is also sponsoring a Meet the Expert Session, which will be held on Thursday, May 12 from 12:30PM-1:30PM in Franklin I and II. The presenter for this event is David M Simpson, MD, FAAN of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
For more information, please see XEOMIN full Prescribing Information and Medication Guide.
About Merz Neurosciences
Merz Neurosciences is a division of Merz North America, a specialty healthcare company that is dedicated to delivering a better total experience in aesthetics, dermatology, and neurosciences. By working side by side with physicians and patients, Merz Neurosciences strives to deliver meaningful treatment options and a better patient experience in order to meet the needs of each person we serve. Merz Neurosciences is an important contributor to the U.S. neurosciences space, offering a well-balanced product portfolio that includes the neurotoxin Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA), the anticholinergic Cuvposa® (glycopyrrolate) Oral Solution and the Prolaryn ® (injectable implant) family of products.
About XEOMIN® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to treat increased muscle stiffness in the arm of adults with upper limb spasticity, the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in adults, and to treat abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in adults who have had prior treatment with onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox®).
To learn more about Merz Neurosciences and their U.S. product portfolio, please visit www.merzusa.com/neurosciences. XEOMIN® IMPORTANT CONSUMER SAFETY INFORMATION
Read the Medication Guide before you start receiving XEOMIN® (Zeo-min) and each time XEOMIN® is given to you as there may be new information. The risk information provided here is not comprehensive. To learn more:
• Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist
• Visit www.xeomin.com to obtain the FDA-approved product labeling
• Call 1-888-4-XEOMIN
Uses XEOMIN® is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to treat:
• increased muscle stiffness in the arm of adults with upper limb spasticity
• abnormal head position and neck pain in adults with cervical dystonia (CD)
• abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in adults who have had prior treatment with onabotulinumtoxinA (BOTOX®)
It is not known whether XEOMIN® is safe or effective in children.
XEOMIN® may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening. Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of these problems anytime (hours to week) after treatment with XEOMIN®:
• Problems with swallowing, speaking, or breathing can happen within hours to weeks after an injection of XEOMIN® if the muscles that you use to breathe and swallow become weak. Death can happen as a complication if you have severe problems with swallowing or breathing after treatment with XEOMIN®.
With approximately 3,000 employees and 34 subsidiaries worldwide, Merz is a global leader in Aesthetics and Neurotoxins. Privately held for more than 100 years, the company is distinguished by its in-house research and development, solid financial strength and continuous growth. Complementing its unique portfolio of products for minimally invasive and non-invasive skin rejuvenation and tightening, Merz also develops neurotoxin therapy for the treatment of movement disorders. Skincare products and a range of OTC medicines are also included in offerings from the company, which is headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany. In fiscal year 2016/17, the Merz Pharma Group generated revenue of EUR 1,023.2 million. More information is available at www.merz.com.
05.10.2016 [ 0 KB ]
Merz North America